Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Journey 1/8/11

Proverbs 31 Verse to work on: Proverbs 31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. (Inspired Version)


I haven’t given up on doing my husband good and not harm but I’ve been very successful in keeping up with my love dare challenges and striving towards the Proverbs 31 verse and I’m ready to tackle a new challenge. Verse 13 says that I am to seek. Webster says to seek is to acquire or gain, to go in search of. To complete this challenge I am doing something with diligence, the Proverbs 31 woman knows that this may not be an easy task-it may take time, it will require thought and pre-planning but the Proverbs 31 woman is not easily daunted, she works willingly at the task set before her.

As a modern day Proverbs 31 woman I don’t see myself rushing out to weave flax into whatever flax weaves itself into but wool and flax were what the Proverbs 31 woman used to clothe her family.

My Proverbs 31 challenge: Go through the clothing, towels and bedding of my family and sort and organize what we have, make a list of what we need and come up with a plan to obtain it.

Willingly, such a little word but it sets the tone for not only this verse but the entire passage. The pattern of woman that we are to become is a willing woman. One who works without reluctance and has chosen the task before them. Willing is the state of mind that God wants us. To willingly seek Him out, not because He’s had to take us to our knees but because we seek Him, that we finally realize that the hole we have in us is not filled with things or other people but by Him.

Personal Study Verse:  My devotional's don't come on Sunday

Love Dare: Today: Determine to become your spouse’s biggest fan and to reject any thoughts of jealousy. Share with you spouse how you are glad about a success he or she recently enjoyed

It’s not a success recently enjoyed but my husband has decided that if I get the job I recently applied for (prayers appreciated!) he is going to contact DeVry and return to school. My husband has been my greatest champion, when we’ve needed extra money to pay for my schooling he has taken on the extra job to make ends meet. I am so proud of his decision to return to school and plan to be his greatest support for the day.

Sneak Peak Tomorrow: Think of a specific way you’d like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

Challenge accomplishments for the day: Planning, although the Proverbs 31 Challenge seems simple I’m afraid as I get into it I will find that it is a task that will overwhelm me. I've started looking for some pintables that will help with this process. I’ll be sure to share any I find!



0 comments:

Post a Comment